You've heard it said -- in video and film, AUDIO is 70% of what you see. The sound you record on set can be the biggest obstacle to achieving truly professional results in your production. But, it's also one of the easiest things to get right!
Through detailed explanation, hands-on demonstration, and tongue-in-cheek cinematic illustrations, Barry Green and Matt Gettemeier guide you through fundamentals for getting great sound in your film or television project.
They'll get you on your way to professional-sounding audio, from two very simple but extremely important recording techniques which will solve nearly 80% of your audio problems, to choosing the correct microphone for your project and the right way to handle your microphones on set, to building a basic audio kit and using it properly.
Finally join DVXUser moderator David Jimerson as he explains the basics of audio post production. With over two and a half hours of instruction, "Sound for Film and Television" is your first step toward achieving great audio.
- Avoiding the most common mistakes
- The two simplest techniques to get you the best audio
- Understanding microphones and how to choose the right one
- Boom handling and recording techniques
- Audio kit accessories
- Choosing a great location and how to manage its audio
- The basics of creating an effective audio edit
- And much, much more!